Quest case study
La Confrérie Marquette
The story behind the experience
Centre Père Marquette contacted us in fall 2021. They wanted to add new winter recreation activities for local teenagers. The themes they chose were transforming a quarry in a city park as well as creating a community of citizens around the site.
Their business goals:
- Develop a self-guided activity for 12–17-year-olds
- Showcase the history of parc du Père-Marquette
- Include the sponsor (caisse Desjardins
3 major challenges were met on this course:
- Vandalism: We used existing street furniture to set up the visual game elements, including a graffiti-filled steel cabinet in the Skatepark that we used as one of the stations and that participants really enjoyed.
- Safety: The park is split in two by Rosemont Boulevard, which gets a lot of traffic and doesn’t have an obvious crosswalk. To encourage participants to cross safely, we set up a game station at the traffic light. It’s farther away so we wanted to make it fun!
- The last (and most important) challenge was to get teens interested and to create games that generated excitement. We incorporated gaming elements they could relate to, like using their cellphone in the game and Tik Tok videos to decode.
An activity that involved more than 2,500 people over 3 months of operation!
They talked about the project
Over the past few nights, several residents of the La Petite-Patrie district have claimed to hear strange sounds at 2:22 a.m. and 3:33 a.m. at the soccer field in Père-Marquette Park.
First believing in a simple defect, officials said that maintenance work had been carried out the day before yesterday. But yesterday again, the phenomena were back, and stronger than the previous nights.
A small team of concerned citizens discovered, after some research, strange inscriptions that appeared in the quadrangle of Père-Marquette Park. What do these strange inscriptions mean and is there a link with the perceived sound signals?
This situation is beginning to worry many people in the sector. The Borough of Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie has announced that it will deploy its best resources to the file…YOU!